Articles on this Page
- 08/30/13--10:32: _Mom Gets Probation ...
- 09/26/13--08:50: _Rape Suspect Senten...
- 01/27/14--09:50: _Drug Court Tops KLA...
- 02/10/15--09:03: _Medina Pleads Guilt...
- 06/02/15--06:26: _Lawsuit Filed Again...
- 08/11/15--08:02: _Program Saves Man F...
- 03/02/16--06:32: _Oakwood, Plaintiffs...
- 04/13/16--12:43: _Jones Begins Duties...
- 05/25/16--09:30: _Oakwood Noise Lawsu...
- 01/26/17--10:17: _Hursey Sentenced To...
- 02/05/18--08:00: _Vending Machine Sma...
- 02/19/18--14:00: _Jesse Combs Sentenc...
- 05/07/18--12:00: _Warsaw Man Sentence...
- 07/09/18--15:00: _Lawrence Sentenced ...
- 07/23/18--12:00: _Godsey Sentenced In...
- 08/06/18--12:00: _Cox Sentenced For D...
- 11/15/18--12:00: _Warsaw Woman Senten...
- 12/26/18--13:00: _Syracuse Man Senten...
- 08/30/13--10:32: Mom Gets Probation For Withholding Insulin
- 09/26/13--08:50: Rape Suspect Sentenced For Lesser Crime
- 01/27/14--09:50: Drug Court Tops KLA Session
- 02/10/15--09:03: Medina Pleads Guilty To Child Molestation
- 06/02/15--06:26: Lawsuit Filed Against Oakwood For Loud Music
- 08/11/15--08:02: Program Saves Man From Life Behind Bars
- 03/02/16--06:32: Oakwood, Plaintiffs To Go Into Mediation
- 04/13/16--12:43: Jones Begins Duties Monday, Andrew Steps Down As Director
- 05/25/16--09:30: Oakwood Noise Lawsuit Resolved
- 01/26/17--10:17: Hursey Sentenced To 27 1/2 Years In Syracuse Murders
- 02/05/18--08:00: Vending Machine Smash And Grab Nets Suspended Sentences
- 02/19/18--14:00: Jesse Combs Sentenced To 12 Years For 2017 CVS Robbery
- 05/07/18--12:00: Warsaw Man Sentenced For Possession Of Methamphetamine
- 07/09/18--15:00: Lawrence Sentenced For Drug Charges
- 07/23/18--12:00: Godsey Sentenced In Drug Charge Related To Overdose Death
- 08/06/18--12:00: Cox Sentenced For Drug Offenses, Violating Probation
- 11/15/18--12:00: Warsaw Woman Sentenced In Big R Theft, Drug Cases
Kosciusko Circuit Court Judge Michael Reed handed down a suspended sentence for a Fort Wayne mother who pleaded guilty to withholding insulin from her diabetic child. Kosciusko County Prosecutor Dan Hampton initially filed a Class C felony charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury … Read More
Originally charged with two Class B felonies for rape and criminal deviate conduct, Anthony J. Fulton, 25, of Warsaw, was sentenced today for a lesser charge of Class D felony sexual battery. Fulton was arrested in April for forcibly raping a woman as she walked near downtown Warsaw. … Read More
By Joni Truex KLA Public Information Director Kosciusko Leadership Academy met in the historic Kosciusko County courthouse recently to learn about the Kosciusko County Judicial System — both past and present — and law enforcement. Circuit Court Judge Michael W. Reed reviewed the history of the Kosciusko Judicial system. Superior 1 Court … Read More
Mariano Sanchez Medina, 23, was taken into police custody July 31, Thursday, two days after he allegedly forced a sex act on a female victim under the age of 14. Yesterday, during a plea hearing Medina pleaded guilty to a level 1 felony count of child molestation before Judge … Read More
Residents across Conklin Bay filed a lawsuit against Oakwood Resorts LLC concerning loud music being played weekend evenings. The suit was filed in Judge Michael Reed’s court Wednesday, May 27. Depositions of both parties will be taken this week and a hearing has been set for 1:30 p.m. … Read More
KOSCIUSKO COUNTY — Drug court “saved my life period. I am the most grateful person. By all rights I should have been locked up for a long time,” beamed Kent Holden, the first graduate of Kosciusko County’s Drug Court. Holden graduated from the program Monday, Aug. 10. He … Read More
SYRACUSE — After months of working out the details, Oakwood Resorts and the plaintiffs, neighbors with property across Conklin Bay from Oakwood, will enter into mediation at 9 a.m. Monday, March 28, in Indianapolis. Attorney William Baten has been selected as mediator. The neighbors sued last spring about … Read More
WARSAW — Kurt Jones will begin his duties as the Kosciusko Community Corrections Director Monday, April 18, and Barry Andrew, who has served as director the past few years, will step down. Andrew will continue to serve as the Kosciusko County Alcohol And Drug Program Director and the … Read More
SYRACUSE — The lawsuit against Oakwood Resorts for excessive noise has been resolved. On April 6, Circuit Court Judge Michael Reed signed a consent judgement and injunction after Dr. Rex Parent, owner of Oakwood Resorts, and the plaintiffs, neighbors who live across Conklin Bay from the resort, entered … Read More
SYRACUSE — Thomas Glen Hursey was handed a consecutive sentence totaling 27 1/2 years for his part in the murders of Joshua Knisley and Tara Thornburg, Feb. 19, 2015, in Syracuse. He will serve a total of 20 years, at the Indiana Department of Corrections with the remaining 7 1/2 years on formal probation.
WARSAW — A 2017 incident where a sledgehammer was used to bust open a vending machine has resulted in consecutive one-year suspended jail sentences for a Fort Wayne woman. Jenna Niblick was arrested by local police along with Charles Pettigrew in July 2017 in connection by the vandalism … Read More
WARSAW—A Mentone man was sentenced today in Kosciusko Circuit Court after robbing the Warsaw CVS store last year. Jesse Ray Combs, 27, 3705 S. SR 25, Mentone, was charged with robbery with a deadly weapon, a level 3 felony; and possession of a narcotic drug, a level 3 … Read More
KOSCIUSKO — A Warsaw man was sentenced in Kosciusko Circuit Court Monday, May 7, after officers discovered methamphetamine and syringes in his vehicle. Jamey Dorian Roberts, who is shown with addresses at 205 E. Smith St., Milford, and 3781 N. Maple Drive, Warsaw, was charged with possession of … Read More
WARSAW — Police stopped a Warsaw man twice in two separate vehicles, both of which had loud exhausts, and found drugs in the car on both occasions. The same man was witnessed trying to sell drugs on yet another occasion and will now serve a six and a … Read More
WARSAW — A Syracuse woman who provided a man the drugs that police say killed him in a drug overdose was sentenced to three years in prison on Monday, July 23. Pamela Godsey, 49, 605 N. Huntington St., Apt. B, Syracuse was charged with dealing methamphetamine, a level … Read More
WARSAW — A Warsaw man was sentenced to jail time with both the Indiana Department of Corrections as well as the Kosciusko County Jail after he was found guilty of drug offenses while out of jail on work release. Shane Dale Cox, 40, 321 S. High St., Warsaw, … Read More
KOSCIUSKO — A Warsaw woman was sentenced in Kosciusko Circuit Court Thursday, Nov. 15, in three drug cases. One drug case involved a theft from Big R. Alexis Erin Davies, 939 E. Garfield St., Warsaw, was charged with unlawful possession of a syringe and failure to appear, both … Read More
KOSCIUSKO — A Syracuse man was sentenced to five years in the Indiana Department of Corrections in Kosciusko Circuit Court Wednesday, Dec. 26, for dealing methamphetamine while children were present at a residence. Jerry Wayne Jilton, 29, 509 Prairie Drive, Syracuse, was charged with dealing in methamphetamine, a … Read More